Job: QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN
Responsible for compliance of food safety systems along with quality programs, policies, procedures and processes that are designed and necessary to ensure food safe products. Comply with government regulations and adhere to quality standards and specifications for FreeBird, Fredericksburg Pennsylvania.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assure finished product meets company standards.
- Assure product throughout production process is carried out in accordance with plant HACCP, SSOP and GMP procedures.
- Assure sanitation conditions in production areas are maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Perform pre-operational and operational sanitary inspections.
- Perform HACCP and GMP related tasks.
- Assist in process of product samples preparation and shipping.
- Assist USDA inspectors if required.
- Collect product samples during operation.
- Generate daily QA documentation.
- High School Diploma.
- 1-2 years experience of poultry experience in quality assurance.
- Excellent reading comprehension and writing skills, including good grammar and spelling.
- Strong analytical ability and math skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and complete work in a timely manner.
- Labeling experience (not required, but desired).
- Bi-Lingual (English & Spanish) preferred.
Previous poultry industry experience preferred.
- Sitting 10%Walking 60%
Lifting up to 50 Lbs.
Near acuity (clarity of vision at 20 inches or less)
Exposure to fluorescent lights
No extreme climate or climate variations