Job: Plant Maintenance Mechanic – Class B – Plant Maintenance
Provide routine maintenance on complex machinery, including hydraulic and pneumatic, assist in installation of new equipment and repair of existing equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and simple troubleshooting of machinery and equipment to ensure smooth business and production operations.
- Install equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery and equipment.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using appropriate tools and equipment.
- Clean, lubricate and adjust parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Ability to work in all departments in the processing plant environment, which includes cold, damp conditions.
- Provide a means of notification/communication during non-working hours for emergencies. Respond to emergency call-ins within 30 minutes.
- Ensure shop and surrounding areas are kept clean by the removal of all debris in work areas, work benches and break rooms.
- Ensure a safe work environment by eliminating unsafe acts or conditions.
- Perform other comparable and related duties as assigned.
- Install, test and maintain electrical equipment.
- Utilize drawings and blueprints to facilitate maintenance and repairs.
- Disassemble control circuits, modification of existing instrument/electrical systems as requested, clean components and preform simple repairs.
Shift defined as a weekend shift, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Monday if required
- Post-secondary certification in related field plus five years of experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools to precision instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices. Provide all hand tools needed to safely perform the job.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize the tasks to be performed.
- Ability to work with or near blood.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English.
- Must be self motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision.
Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., climb ladders, bend, twist and work at heights.
Near acuity (clarity of vision at 20 inches or less)
Exposure to fluorescent lights
Climate variation – Refrigerated Temperatures
Exposure to confined spaces