Job: 2nd Shift Supervisor – Pack Out
Responsible for coordinating rotational laborer operations in Pack Out to ensure proper, efficient and sanitary handling of product to meet customer requirements and ensure compliance with company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate expectations; assign work to team members to meet production schedules.
- Implement and coordinate department rotation schedule to ensure employees are rotated properly to different jobs.
- Instruct and train employees (new employees, new equipment, customer specifications, and remedial).
- Coordinate break and meal periods, ensuring timely return to work. Provide relief from line for rest room breaks or other issues resulting in an employee’s absence from the line/area.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area.
- May enter data into computer.
- Complete daily attendance records accurately.
- Prepare production paperwork which may include HACCP, production tracking, and tool accountability forms.
- Enforce GMP’s and company food safety and hygiene policies.
- Ensure compliance with USDA, OSHA, SSOPs and other appropriate government regulations and company policies to maintain a safe and sanitary work area. Ensure that employees are wearing appropriate PPE.
- Comply with company policies to ensure that all employees are treated fairly and without bias or discrimination.
- Communicate issues/concerns to supervisor/manager.
- Refer all employee relations issues immediately to supervisor/manager. This includes disciplinary issues, employee concerns, performance issues, and reports of injuries.
- Perform other related responsibilities, as needed, to support Company business objectives.
- Associate’s degree in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent in experience
- 1-2 years proven supervisory experience in poultry plant management or other manufacturing
- Ability to organize, plan, and complete work in a timely fashion
- Willingness and ability to learn and perform all of the jobs in the department
- Ability to recognize and respond to changes appropriately
- Demonstrated positive attitude and uncompromising regard for quality
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of people
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks in a production environment.
- Ability to take direction, give direction, and work with others as part of a team.
Repetitive movements of hands and arms, reaching, pulling, grasping, packaging product, and pushing/lifting product
Frequently lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions product weighing up to 60 pounds.
Frequent communications, verbal and written.
Visually or otherwise identify, observe, and asses product for packaging.
Exposure to fluorescent lights
Climate variation – coolers, freezers
Exposure to climate conditions of 30o – 40o